The Doctoral Program in Applied and Engineering Physics (DAEPHYS) is an
FCT funded PhD program.
It aims at the formation of top-level experts in the area of Applied and Engineering Physics (AEP) for intervening in companies and industry
as drivers of innovation, as well as researchers able to contribute to this key field.
DAEPHYS is focused in five areas:
- Optical technology
- Enabling technologies
- Radiation, nuclear and atomic techniques.
- Education and training in a large variety of state-of-the-art techniques and technologies, which are interconnected and very often complementary;
- A flexible curriculum able to suit the diversity of individual scientific and technical interests and needs of PhD students;
- Courses, seminars, workshops, advanced schools and short training periods in national and international research labs;
- Thesis themes/projects in the framework of demanding projects (national and international);
- A wide range of training opportunities in companies.
The candidates will be registered in either a Physics Engineering (at UA, UC, FC/UL or UNL) or a Physics PhD program (UC or UNL).
|Fourth edition:|| started in the academic year 2016/17|